Originally Published by NASA Earth Observatory
– High in the Andes Mountains in Argentina, this salt lake hosts microbes that give the lakes distinct colors.
Originally Published by NASA Earth Observatory - An ongoing phytoplankton bloom has painted the sea surface in jewel tones.
Originally Published by The NY Times
– Scientists are working hard to understand the life that teems within our soil and that is threatened by farming and development.
Originally Published by ScienceDaily
– On May 9, the daily mean concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere of Mauna Loa, Hawaii, surpassed 400 parts per million (ppm) for the first time since measurements began in 1958.
Originally Published by ENS - An American company on a mission to build practical flying cars has begun feasibility studies of a vertical takeoff and landing plug-in hybrid electric flying car, t
Originally Published by EarthSky
– Water inside the moon’s mantle came from primitive meteorites, new research finds, the same source thought to have supplied most of the water on Earth.
Originally Published by NASA Earth Observatory - As wildfires wind down, teams of scientists hit the field to assess the damage. In many cases, they have help from satellites.
Originally Published by BBC News
– A large meteor is spotted travelling across the night sky by people in many parts of England and Wales.