Originally Published by BBC News
– The Sun has unleashed a massive solar flare – the most powerful of 2013 so far.
Originally Published by The BBC - DNA sequenced from nearly 40 ancient skeletons has shed light on the complex prehistoric events that created the present day European population.
Originally Published by NASA Earth Observatory
– Acquired April 14, 2013, this image shows a wake stretching more than 1,000 kilometers over the Pacific Ocean.
Originally Published by Earth Today
– A solar prominence began to bow out and the broke apart in a graceful, floating style in a little less than four hours (Mar. 16, 2013).
Originally Published by ENN
– Superconductivity is a phenomenon of zero electrical resistance, and expulsion of magnetic fields occurring in certain materials when cooled below a characteristic critical temperature.
Originally Published by ENS
– NASA’s twin Van Allen Probes, robotic satellites launched last August, have now revealed a previously unknown third radiation belt around the Earth.
– The scientist leading the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer, one of the most expensive experiments ever put into space, says the project is ready to come forward with its first results.
Originally Published by NASA Earth Observatory - Researchers probed the auroral wind by shooting instruments into them in February 2013.